Date: Sat Dec 7, 2013, 11am - 1:30pm
Location: OISE, 252 Bloor Street West
Topic: SOCIAL CLASS
Facilitator: Norine Earl
The facilitator will propose questions around the concept of Social Class, such as:
1. Are the people of a “higher” class better than the others in the class “below” them?
2. To what extent is a social class a culture? Or are some groups of people just “failures” in relation to others
3. How do the value systems of the upper middle class differ from the working class?
4. How might the different value systems be related to and/or mutually affected by the different kind of work done by the respective classes?
5. How is the socialization process different for children growing up in the respective classes?