Saturday 19 September 2015, 11:00-1:00
519 Church St., Meeting Room #304
Topic: After the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
Proposed by: Moses Klein
After Catherine Rodd's talk last week, how do we see Canada's progress in terms of the objectives of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?
(1) Has the paradigm for relations with aboriginal peoples changed since the days of residential schools?
(2) What can non-aboriginal Canadians do to achieve a more mutually respectful relationship with aboriginal Canadians?
(3) What can aboriginal Canadians offer non-aboriginal Canadians?
(4) What can non-aboriginal Canadians offer aboriginal Canadians?
(5) Are you optimistic about the future of the relationship between aboriginal and non-aboriginal Canadians?